The Self Propelled Steel Wheelchair is a comfortable chair that can be folded away quickly and easily, for an easy transfer. This model has large 61cm rear wheels, enabling the user to propel themselves. There is a grip bar along the circumference of the wheel which removes the need for an attendant, allowing the user to remain independent. Strong and reliable, this chair is made using a high grade steel, meaning that it can support weights of 18 stone.
A comfortable 18" wide padded seat has a supportive backrest and there are PVC padded armrests. These flip up armrests heighten the comfort of the wheelchair. The chair is an easily transportable item, as it can fold down to save space. When folded, it is a suitable size for putting in a car boot or bringing on public transport. There are flip out foot rests to provide more support for the user, which can easily be moved out of the way if desired.
Locking brakes are easy to access by the user, ensuring that the chair will not move away when locked. There are a range of highly durable paint finishes to choose from.
- A sturdy wheelchair, constructed from a durable, high grade steel
- It may be folded down for transporting in a vehicle or to save space when not in use
- Large rear wheels can navigate different terrains and may be self-propelled by the user
- Padded armrests and an 18" wide seat offers the user comfort when in use
- There comes a lap belt, locking brakes and a pair of footrests for user peace of mind